I have completed a residency in the United States but the discipline requires an additional year for Canadian practice. How do I finish that final year?

The match process and policies does not allow CaRMS to provide one single year of training. We offer complete residency training programs. There are situations where applicants could do a something called a "Chief year" in the United States but that training must be approved by the Royal College of Canada. This is because not all chief years are accepted. Another option would be to contact the individual Postgraduate Offices in Canada to find out if they offer Chief year or single year-type opportunities directly. These would not be through CaRMS.


Article is closed for comments.