Note: if you have multiple roles in CaRMS Online (e.g., program director and referee), ensure you are viewing CaRMS Online using your referee role before proceeding. Your current role will be displayed in the role selector below Logout on the right-hand side of your screen. If you are viewing CaRMS Online as a referee, it will display REFEREE in this space. To switch roles, simply click on the role displayed and select from the available options.
- Place your cursor over REFERENCE REQUESTS in the top left menu. A dropdown menu will appear.
- Select List of Reference Requests to see the reference requests you currently have in your account. If a request is not in your list, you may add the reference request manually by clicking on ADD REFERENCE REQUEST TO MY LIST.
- To add a reference request, you must have access to the coversheet that was sent to you by the applicant to enter the required fields. This sheet holds the Reference Request ID (eight letters), as well as the applicants’ CaRMS ID (two letters, three numbers, two letters and three numbers). Once you have entered these numbers, click SEARCH.
- You will see a notification confirming if the request is in fact intended for you.
- Verify that that the information is correct and click Add to Request List.
Note: you may also move a request from another account. Follow the steps above and enter the answer to your security question from your other account.