In your “My Information – Personal Information” section, there are optional fields for various identification numbers.
- MCC Candidate Code: if you have written or you're scheduled to write a Medical Council of Canada exam, then you're provided with this ID. It can be found in your physiciansapply.ca account. This ID can be entered in your "My Information - physiciansapply.ca transfers" section.
- PCRC ID: the ID used before physiciansapply.ca shared the MCC exams and data. It will be shared from your physiciansapply.ca account if you previously had a PCRC ID.
- Medical Identification Number for Canada (MINC): an ID issued to all individuals at the time of their initial, even temporary, entry to any aspect of the Canadian medical education or practice systems, including undergraduate students, postgraduate trainees, applicants to the MCC examinations, and physicians of any registration status.
- CEHPEA Candidate Code #: now the Touchstone Institute, you would have the CEHPEA candidate code if you've completed one of their assessments.
- AIMG ID: All IMGs wishing to apply to Alberta programs must be registered with the Alberta International Medical Graduate Program
To enter your AIMG information, you must add it to your "My Information - Assessments" section.
- USMLE/ECFMG #: Enter your United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) / Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) number. The USMLE is a three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States.The ECFMG is for applicants from medical schools outside the US and Canada who have taken steps 1 and 2 of the USMLE.
- AAMC ID: Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) ID is an identification number for all medical students, medical residents, medical school faculty members and others with whom the AAMC has a relationship.
- NRMP ID: The National Residency Matching Process (NRMP) ID is an identification number for applicants participating in the NRMP match.
Note: the fields in grey can only be completed by filling out other parts of your application.