CaRMS receives some official documents directly from source. We do not alter documents as per our policy. When they are received, we upload them into the applicant's account.
Documents we receive directly from source are:
- CASPer exam results are received electronically from Altus assessment.
- Medical School Transcripts and Medical School Performance Record (MSPR) for CMGs are received directly from Canadian registrar’s offices. We receive them electronically or by mail from each faculty. Due to COVID-19, CMGs are able to upload their own medical school transcripts for the 2021 R-1 Match.
Note: Although we may receive some medical transcripts and MSPRs directly from institutions for international medical students/graduates, as well as for United States medical students/graduates, these applicants have additional document submission methods.
- Medical Council of Canada transfers, through physiciansapply.ca, the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) examination and MCCQE part 1 and part 2 results into the applicant’s account at the applicant’s request.
- UBC’s IMG Clinical Assessment Program is transferred electronically from the University of British Columbia for all IMG’s who would like to apply to programs in British Columbia.
- Letters of reference are received by mail or submitted online by the referee directly. Applicant’s do not have the ability to upload or submit letters of reference on behalf of their referee.