If your university requires reversions, your office (PGME) can submit them from your CaRMS Online account, under the match menu, "Program Management – Reversions Approval" page.
- In Step 1, indicate whether you have any reversions.
- If you click Yes, Step 2 – 4 will appear. If you click No, go to Step 5.
- In Step 2, download the reversion sheet.
- Step 3 is to fill out the reversions form.
- Step 4: Submit the completed and signed form to CaRMS by the postgraduate approval deadline.
PGME offices can list an instruction to transfer any number of potentially unfilled positions (quota) from one program to another program.
There are three methods to do so:
- Transfer unfilled positions to another program
PGME offices can list an instruction to transfer any number of potentially unfilled positions (quota) directly from one program to another program.
As an example, if your Gastroenterology program does not match the amount of positions allotted, the PGME office can give the instruction to transfer a potential unfilled position from your Gastroenterology program to your Neonatal program during the running of the match
- Transfer unfilled positions to a pool
Using the same form, PGME offices can list the programs for which they wish to transfer unfilled positions to a pool. A pool will attempt to use the unfilled positions to fill the programs you have specified in the sequence you list within the pool. Each line represents one unfilled position reverted to the pool.
- Custom transfer (reversion) instructions – Medicine Subspecialty Match and Pediatric Subspecialty Match only
You can also create custom transfer (reversion) instructions unique to your faculty for these two matches. If you choose this option, we recommend discussing your instructions with CaRMS before uploading a copy of your detailed instructions in CaRMS Online, prior to the PGME ROL deadline.