Reference documents includes:
- applicant support forms ("formulaire d'appui");
- letters of reference;
- Family Medicine Structured Reference Letter CMG (R-1 only);
- Family Medicine Structured Reference Letter IMG (R-1 only);
- Emergency Medicine Structured Reference Letter (R-1 only);
- Orthopedic Surgery Structured Reference Letter (R-1 only);
- FM/ES referee assessment forms (FM/ES only);
- letters of reference from program directors (MSM/PSM only); and
- Family Medicine (FM) program directors’ assessment forms (FM/ES only).
To know which -and how many- reference documents a program is requesting, please review the "Supporting Documentation" section of the program's description. Programs descriptions of a given match can be found here: https://www.carms.ca/program-descriptions/
At this time, some programs in Québec for the R-1 match are requesting a standardized "formulaire d'appui" (the same form is used across disciplines and universities, the link can be found in the program's description).
Note: this is not a definite list of programs that require these forms. You must review program descriptions of programs you're applying to, to ensure you're submitting the correct reference documents.