Registering and joining a match
- How do I withdraw from the match?
- Why does it say I'm not eligible to participate to a match?
- What do I enter during registration if I only have one name?
- How do I register for a CaRMS Online account?
- How do I participate in a match?
- If I made a mistake during a previous section during registration, can I go back? See all 19 articles
Filling out your information
- ★ Where should I enter my 'Observership' information?
- My date of graduation is incorrect under the Medical Education section, but I can’t change it. What do I do?
- What is a clerkship?
- Under Licensure, what does “provincial postgraduate educational license” refer to?
- What is the difference between the Scholarly Activities and Research, and Presentations/Publications sections?
- How do I fix my MCC Candidate Code? See all 42 articles
Transferring documents from physiciansapply.ca
- I’m a current year Canadian Medical Graduate (CMG) and have transferred my future MCCQE1 exam information from physiciansapply.ca but I am receiving an error, what do I do?
- Nova Scotia requires that CMG's have registered and challenged the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Exam Part 1 (MCCQE 1) by July 1, 2023, do I need to provide proof?
- How do I transfer my older (pre-September 2008) MCC exams?
- What is the Identity Validity Period?
- How do I transfer my Medical Council of Canada (MCC) examinations and Identity Validity Period (IVP) in my CaRMS Online account?
- Do I have to re-share my MCC exams if I’ve previously participated in a match? See all 9 articles
Situational judgement tests
- ★ What is the Casper test?
- How long is my FMProC test valid?
- Does Acuity Insights offer accommodations for the Casper test?
- If I completed the Casper last year, can I still use the results again this year?
- Which programs will see my Casper test score?
- Can I re-take the Casper test in the same match cycle? See all 8 articles
- ★ How do I request an Orthopedic Surgery Structured Reference Letter?
- ★ Do I need a language exam?
- ★ Who can notarize or certify my Citizenship document?
- How do I add additional documents to a PDF?
- As an applicant, how should I upload documents requested by programs?
- What is acceptable proof of the LMCC? See all 51 articles
- What are the different document statuses in my document tracking section?
- What is the status of my document?
- What do I do in the Document Tracking section?
- Do programs have access to my document tracking section?
- Is there a limit to the amount of documents that I can have in the document tracking?
- Why can't I view certain documents in my CaRMS Online account? See all 13 articles
- ★ How do I create a reference request in CaRMS Online?
- ★ What is a "formulaire d'appui" or "applicant support" form?
- What is a structured reference letter?
- What is a letter of reference?
- Will my Family Medicine Structured Reference Letters from the 2022 R-1 match be accepted by programs during the 2023 R-1 match?
- How do I create a non-discipline specific reference request in CaRMS Online? See all 27 articles
- I have requested for the translation of reference document(s). When will I receive them?
- Can I assign a translated document to my selected programs even if the document hasn’t been uploaded into my account?
- How do I submit a document for translation?
- What are the translation fees?
- What do I do if I find an error in my translated MSPR?
- Can I use a translation service outside of CaRMS? See all 14 articles
Applying to programs
- Why is the Document Assignment check column under the My Applications to Programs page blank?
- I am not eligible to apply to Québec programs in the regular stream of the R-1 match because I have a fellowship, what do I do?
- How do application and document updates affect my submitted program application?
- When does my “Date updated” column get updated?
- How do I assign a document after the opening of File Review?
- How do I add a note to a program? See all 29 articles
- When a program doesn’t select me for an interview, will they inform me as to why?
- As an applicant, where can I find the interview schedule?
- I have been waitlisted by a program, when will I know whether or not I will be selected for an interview?
- How long will it take for the programs to contact me after I have been selected for interview?
- When can I begin checking my account for updates on my interview offer status?
- Are programs obligated to enter an interview offer status for all applicants that have applied to their program? See all 15 articles
Ranking your programs
- Does the interview offer status influence what programs I can rank?
- How does ranking work?
- Should I submit a rank order list if I didn't get invited for any interviews?
- How do I submit a rank order list as an individual?
- Should I rank a program if I’m not sure I want to train there?
- What is couples ranking? See all 14 articles
- What happens after the match?
- Can CaRMS provide a letter confirming that I meet the eligibility requirements for the Cumming School of Medicine’s (University of Calgary) extension program?
- Can I receive my match results early?
- Will my undergraduate office notify me automatically if I opted-in to share my results and I go unmatched?
- How does the matching process work?
- How do I access my match results? See all 8 articles
Second iteration and post-match process
- Are there any interviews in the second iteration of a match?
- In the R-1 main residency match, will any unused program credits from the first iteration be carried over to the second iteration?
- In the R-1 main residency match, what fees are involved for the second iteration?
- If I applied to a program in the first iteration, will I have to re-apply to that program in the second iteration?
- What are the differences between the first and second iteration of R-1?
- Will my application and documents from First Iteration be carried over into Second Iteration? See all 12 articles